[OM] Re: lead/acid in M15V....

Subject: [OM] Re: lead/acid in M15V....
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:37:17 +0000

>Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:51:46 -0700
>From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Re: M15V recharging, etc...
>
>There may be a problem finding cells small enough to fit into the housing.
It
>would also require most likely a new charger, as NiCD/NiMH chargers cannot
>usually be used with lead acid cells.

Well, it was just a suggestion, as I know that lead/acid cells don't have any
of the problems of the others. I know they have a "D" size at least, since
that's what my Quantum battery pack uses. I have no idea about chargers
either, except that they appear to be quite simple, based on the circuitry in
the Quantum. One difference is that you never want to run down a lead/acid
completely, and you have to give it a charge once in a while even if you
haven't used it at all. But they are really killer when it comes to power
output.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright