Re: [OM]IS series

Subject: Re: [OM]IS series
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:24:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/26/00 1:48:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm considering the addition of an IS-xxx >>

Jim,
I picked up a 9+ IS-1 off eBay last year for $92 cause I wanted to play with
one..thinking I'd probably turn it around in a couple of months. But I soon
became attached..the lens is wonderful! I understand the technology of the
focusing mechanism has been refined and is faster on the newer models, but I
have no problem with this one. I took it recently on my trip to Germany and
it was soooo easy to grab and use, so it was more often grabbed than the OM-1
or 2. (OM content: I decided to leave the OM4 and OM 4T at home and take the
OM1 and OM2 as they were purchased in Germany..I took them home to the
Vaterland.)

The coatings on the IS lens is superb. With a grip strap (imperative) it's a
very comfortable camera to carry around. I like to keep P&S in the stable for
certain situations when an all-in-one is great (trade shows, for example).

I've decided it's a keeper, until i can wangle an IS-3 for $92.......
Susan
PS don't forget Hans added the IS series to his web site!