Re: [OM] Please don't fragment the list!!!! Was: "For Sale" mailing list

From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 05:01:42 GMT
Well, I thought I'd un*sub*'d properly from the list temporarily but must've sent the wrong command, or none at all. Anyway, I'm still here...for now.

At last, someone has figured out I was joking! When I initiated the "Put me on your private 'For Sale' e-mail list", I was being a bit facetious, altho' it was to make a point. (Granted, my spoof wasn't nearly as clever as Gary's recent "free OM gear" prank.)

The huge number of listfolk who've come out of the woodwork to second my motion should sufficiently indicate that we want OM goodies offered. And I enjoyed the e-mail from Tom in which the "TO:" column was longer than the text! LOL!

Giles has described perfectly sensible guidelines for appropriately trading via the list. He has the unenviable task of attempting to moderate this generally ebullient anarchy. Why spoil his fun by trying to do his job for him?

Speaking of jokes getting out of hand, judging from the cover of Rolling Stone magazine it appears Al Gore will need to pay his poll tax this year.
---
Lex
Ducking offlist for a week or so...