Re: RE :[OM] SHOWER RESISTANT SEALINGS

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] SHOWER RESISTANT SEALINGS
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 07:26:02 -0700
While theshower resitant sealings are probably a nice thing to have, I have been
using OM gear (OM1, OM2, ON2s, OM4, MD1 and numerous lenses ect) for over 20
years and have never stopped shooting because of the rain. (I live in western
Washington after all!) I have had no problems because of lack of sealing. My
MD-1 is well over 20 years, as is my 75-150 zoom, both of these items have had
extensive wet weather use. I make every attempt to keep them dry and am very
careful in wet weather, but I do not let it stop me. I don't let them get
soaked, but I do use them. I will keep the camera covered with a plastic bag if
I am shooting in heavy rain (which I do rarely these days) but generally I am
not to concerned about wet weather, Olympus gear seems to be more than up to the
task. Chris Bonnington (of Everest fame) used OM gear for his Everest
expeditions without problems.

Jim Couch