Re: [OM] [FS] Put me on your "For Sale" mailing list

From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:52:29 +0200
I agree with you on the last point, Hilary. I also prefer to buy from
a list member - but still I would like him or her to post his FS ads
on the new platform rather than in the 'normal' list. A regular reader
will know who is who.

I also agree with you on the OM community feeling, but this was
already there four years ago, when almost no FS ads at all were posted
on the list.

Now that I have seen how many people (some of them completely unknown
to me) want to be on the 'new' FS lists, and realize that these people
all must have been on the old list.... I can only deduce that many
have never contributed to the list at all, but only have lurked.

Therefore I thinbk that I can conclude that the OM community feeling
may well be enhanced by the separate platform for FS (and WTB) ads.
The people contributing to the community, rather than merely reading
it for the FS ads, will certainly keep doing so. And their signal is
better heard when the FS noise is reduced.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.