RE :[OM] SHOWER RESISTANT SEALINGS

Subject: RE :[OM] SHOWER RESISTANT SEALINGS
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:53:55 +0100
Jim Teo says:

Understand that there is a special shower resistant sealings to the
OM4/4-Ti
and the MD2 for extra protection. Does it really serve the purpose
when the
Zuiko lenses and the T flash unit is not having the shower resistant
sealings?

So I think it is wiser to stop shooting under drizzle or rain, else
you are
likely to end up your precious Zuiko lenses or flash unit drown or
RIP.
Has anyone try it out before??

Sometimes you don't get much choice. I shoot outdoor sport on a
Saturday afternoon and tomorrow we are promised shedloads of wind and
rain. You can't use an umbrella as it would obstruct the spectators'
view (of course, all sensible spectators should be back inside the bar
if it's raining...). And since I walk around a lot during the game it
wouldn't be very practical.

It does worry me a bit, getting all the gear wet. But I pat the
outside dry with tissue immediately I get inside, then get home pretty
quickly and open or dismantle anything that doesn't need unscrewing.
All caps off, back open, remove winder etc. The leave it to dry at
room temperature. I'm reluctant to tempt fate by saying this, but my
2S must have done dozens of rainy rugby matches over the years and is
still going strong.

I wouldn't like to risk flash though. Too many volts to mix with water
for my liking.

John