Re: RE :[OM] SHOWER RESISTANT SEALINGS

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] SHOWER RESISTANT SEALINGS
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:42:09 +1100
Home made camera raincoat - take two filters, one good, one
cheap/scratched. Remove the glass from the dud. Take one strong, clear,
plastic bag. Sandwich a section of the bottom of the bag between the inner
filter and outer empty ring (screw them together if possible or file off
the threads on the outer ring and glue them together. Cut away the plastic
over the filter glass carefully.
Put camera in bag and attach filter - you now have a neat raincoat. For a
manual camera, like an OM, use a large bag and put your hands in too. For
an auto- everything wunderbrick, simply seal the bag. Big, tough, ziplock
bags are perfect.
I used this technique recently in a (sanctioned) student graduation
activity - a  pie and flour battle. Camera fine - Fildes took 30 mins under
the shower to clean and I still had flour in my ears three days later.