Re: [OM]!! 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies

Subject: Re: [OM]!! 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:33:56 -0400
On assuming I started all this...

Actually more people responded to another list member's comments than mine. Mine

tend to get filtered out, and assumed to be "personal", even though not, and the

comment below WAS directed to me. I've kept track of  sales prices of various
zuiko primes, and sales prices here by my area. I just pointed out that I've
seen 16mm fisheyes in good shape go for much less, so I made my comment at the
ridiculous (spelled right) asking price. A rear element scratch (with such a
small rear element, as another list member pointed out), is very key in reducing

value, and image quality- much more than a front element scratch. I didn't yet
realize that other people's chances to bid on that item on eBay were cut short
by some secret side deal. (Too bad on those wanting to bid).

There are some fortunate people on this list that feel that $650, or $550 for a
16mm is a fair price, and  is an easily affordable amount  for a lens for them.
I just am one who absolutely needs to find better prices than that, and have
found much better for that lens. There were a few that find that a very tiny
amount of money and would "snap it up" if they needed it, and others mentioning
that they can't afford it, but hurried to point out how "fair" the price was.
That'll surely keep more zuikos highly priced, and out of the hands of more
people.
Whatever. More power to you guys. Overpay away! I'll just search harder out of
neccessity, and pay much less (but still probably a much higher percentage of
what I have available).

It's funny, but I've even gotten private emails (plural!) from other list
members fowarding me what OTHERS have said to THEM privately, trying to be sure
that they convinced them to think "correctly" about me! Saying things to them
such as: "I'm surprised at you!!! Surely you must realize that Larry meant this
and that HORRIBLE thing!", 'You should think negatively of him'., or some such.
(If by some chance they responded to my list message with an UNangry reply
publicly.) That's how the KKK started. :o)
Again, Whatever. I'm not leaving. Filter me out. Hit the "delete" key.

Larry