[OM] [OT] Neutral Films, was: OT? Film vs. Digital

Subject: [OM] [OT] Neutral Films, was: OT? Film vs. Digital
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:05:09 +0000
At 20:03 10/26/00 , Jim Couch wrote:
[snip]
>I also find all of the different films very confusing. I am sure after
>enough experimentation I will find something I like, but I ain't there yet!
>In particular, none of the slide films I have tried have been all that
>satisfying. and the print film choices are just plain overwhelming!
>
>Well enough of my rambling diatribe for now!
>
>Jim Couch

Jim,

In color negative try:
  Kodak Portra 160 or 400, VC or NC
  Kodak Supra (any speed)
  Fuji NPS 160
  Fuji 400 NPH

In color transparency try:
  Kodachrome 25 or 64
  Ektachrome 100 (EPN)
  Ektachrome 200 (EPD)
  Fujichrome Astia 100
  Fujichrome Provia 100F

Sorry Jim, all of these are pro films except for the Kodachrome!  Seems as
if the consumer stuff has gone punchy with saturation, and more than I
particularly care for too.

-- John