[OM] Various bits + 1 FS/SWAP - ignore if offended!! Long post ...

Subject: [OM] Various bits + 1 FS/SWAP - ignore if offended!! Long post ...
From: Reuben Acciano <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:36:19 -0400 (EDT)
Zuiks,

1. Sign me up for the FS list.

2. I'm going to continue to FS here, as many members seem okay with it - and
in keeping with the grand lefty traditions of pluralism and equal
opportunity, I see fit to post to both. If I lose some friends, so be it, if
I lose sight of my principles ... a potentially much greater problem.

so ...

I will SWAP my 24mm f2 PLUS a (cosmetically) fair/ (mechanically) exc OM-2n
(chrome no shoe. Body has some brassing and minor scratches but NO DINGS.
Meter is fine (checked against my beloved 4Ti). All rings and shutter speeds
click firmly and positively. I've decided that spot metering is simply
indispensable (no offence to 1, 2, 2sp or other users) for what I do and
thus I should be seeking out only used 2-Ss, 3s, 4s, or their corresponding
Ti's. There goes my credit limit.

SWAP for an exc cond 21mm f3.5

If anyone's keen, I am specifically after the 3.5 because of the low weight
and size, as well as the wider vista - this has become more important to me
than the f2 of my 24. The 24 is in EXC- cond - slight wear on apert. ring
and one small makr on nose. Glass is perfect, front and back. I will pay my
shipping, you will pay yours (fair no, as I will be sending more stuff?)

If I am completely nuts, feel free to say so - I'll ignore you. I'm of the
philosophy that "if you don't ask at all, you definitely don't get". I'd
rather look like a tool and MAYBE find someone to play ball.

To turn this list into a factional sale/gossip "no-persons-land" seems sadly
contradictory to the overall quality of its participants and the content
discussed. As one of the youngest list members (at 27) it saddens me to have
to be the one to ask the rhetorical question "aren't we mature adults?".

3. I never threw in my $0.02 re most desirable Oly gear - 180mm f2, fer
shure, or the 40mm f2. Mmmmmm.

For the more daring, we could try a Golf metaphor - Golfers are allowed a
mere 14 clubs max. to make up their bag.
What would be everyone's ideal kit of max 14 items if each lens, body, drive
or flash, or major accessory (bellows) each constituted 1 item?

Mine would be as follows:

1. OM4 Ti
2. OM3
3. Winder 2
4. MD2
5. F280
6. T32
7. 16mm f/f fish
8. 21 f3.5
9. 35 f2
10. 50 f1.8 (late >3,000,000 SN)
11. 85 f2
12. 65-200 f4 zoom
13. Elicar 3X tele/macro converter
14. Ultrapod v.II

Holy hell - I have 7 of these - half my dream kit!!! Damn.
Reuben