Re: [OM] Current film color balance (was: OT? Film vs.Digital)

Subject: Re: [OM] Current film color balance (was: OT? Film vs.Digital)
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 11:54:39 -0500
Thank for your help John.

These rolls were processed by Kodak ( Qualex ? )

What is confusing to me about this is how varied the changes in skin
tones were. My daughter is of very light complexion, and maybe a bit
pale lately. She looked great. Maybe the additional color helped with
her. My son and son in law are darker, and more tan. They came out red.
Son in law and daughter both had white shirts and they looked super -
Not blown out, good shadow detail in the wrinkles etc. and no color
cast. The background greens got darker though it probably helped in
these shots. Exposure was right on, TTL flash fill through my OM2N, but
overall, the prints have a good bit more contrast than the original
scene.

I think will try some of the pro films and some of the Fuji 100 that Tom
suggested in the other part of this thread.  The last time I used any
pro film it was for a couple of weddings I shot and it was Vericolor II.
Does that illustrate how long I've been away?

Here's hoping the cheap Fuji from WalMart works for me. At $2 a roll I
can shoot lot more...
:-)

--
Jim