[OM] Sticky Meter Needle in Hi SS Ranges on OM2n

Subject: [OM] Sticky Meter Needle in Hi SS Ranges on OM2n
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 13:23:04 -0700
Have you experienced this? My OM2n seems to have a "sticky" meter needle
on the high end of the metering range (I've noticed this when the camera
is in automatic mode).

If the needle goes into the red "over 1000" territory, it seems to prefer
to stay there, even though the scene changes to a darker EV value.
Eventually, it will jump back down into lower shutter speeds when the EV
value's dark enough.

I've also noticed that, in the high SS ranges, the exposure indicated by
the meter needle can change by a full stop, depending on whether I hold
the camera vertical-with-wind-lever-up or vertical-with-wind-lever-down
(same object in viewfinder, of course).

It appears that in the lower shutter speed ranges, these gremlins don't
occur.

Anticipating good advice,

Kelton