[OM] RE: Film vs Digital

Subject: [OM] RE: Film vs Digital
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 21:33:23 +0100
I remember sometime this year there was a comparison in Amateur Photographer
of the N*k*n pro digital camera and one of their film bodies. The photos
with the digital were awful; flat, no contrast, rotten colour, not sharp. A
kind of overall milky look. The film shots were crisp, sharp and the colours
were  great. Yet the digital was pronounced the better camera.

IIRC, one of the reasons was because of the way the professional tester
would use the camera (this is Amateur Photographer magazine, remember!).
This is the only part of the review that made sense to me. For sending newsy
shots to base, digital is pretty fast. But the results from the camera
require too much post-production for my taste. Heck, they should at least be
sharp before you start tweaking them...

My tuppence.

Donald.