[OM] Photo Shows / Swap Meets

Subject: [OM] Photo Shows / Swap Meets
From: "Franklin A. Berryman" <rumford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:06:25 -0500
I went to a touring "photo show" here in Nashville this morning.  Very little
Olympus equipment in sight.  Except for the Wolf Camera table, there were only a
couple of OM-1/1n/2/2n/10s and 50mm f1.8 lenses, none of which were in really
great shape.  Wolf Camera had a couple of nice OM-4s, three or four OM-2/2ns and
three or four OM-1/1ns.  No lenses to speak of other than one or more examples
of
the 28mm f3.5, 50mm f1.8, 75-150mm f4.0 and 200mm f4.0.  Most of it was priced
very high, e.g. $499 for the OM-4, $149 for the 28mm f3.5, etc.  I managed to
sell my 35mm f2.8 and 135mm f3.5 for eBAY prices, and pick up a few rear lens
caps.   I don't know why these guys don't give it up and just post it to eBAY.
Hard to understand their economic model.

I'm toying with the idea of making the 90 minute trip to Huntsville tomorrow.
It
is suppose to be a big show with 240 dealers.  Anyone on the list from
Huntsville
who could give me an idea as to whether it's worth the drive?