Re: [OM] Airport security - UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Airport security - UK
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 07:29:19 +0200
There is a pro photog called McCurry who was interviewed for the latest Amateur Photography; his experience with Heathrow has not been good. He claims that the security people take a "sadistic" pleasure in putting his films through the scanners.

Now, there may be a certain amount of exaggeration here (he being an artist and from the US ;-)), but it does not look good in PR terms for Heathrow. I am perfectly happy with the high level of security at Heathrow, and but there is scope for flexibility surely?

BTW I avoid travelling by Heathrow if I can. It is big and very very busy. Now Amsterdam Schipol seems to be even bigger, but it has lovely electronics and camera shops ... even if no second-hand OM stuff.

Chris