[OM] Death of a T32

Subject: [OM] Death of a T32
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 14:23:40 -0600
She'd been with me for years; every since I rescued her from that dingy pawn
shop, along with the 24/2.8 and the sleek black OM-2N.  Chunky, homely, but
loved and given a good home, she was.  Brought out to illuminate George
Dubya himself in a honky tonk way back when, but more often handling the
much more important task of brightening my nephew's grinning face.  We
shared a lot of exposures, she and I, right up to the end.  Upon returning
from the hard-fought Cub Scout Space Derby (brilliant nephew won the Wolf
division, fighting back from the loss of his first heat to chew the
competion up with his hot propeller), I had some help unloading the truck.
Bump.  Just a tiny thunp, actually.  But enough to dislodge her from the
heretofore faithful embrace of the Bounce Grip 2.  Oh, the terrible knot in
my gut as she arced downward, gave a final scream on impact, and clattered
across the cruel concrete!

We said the requisite words, them removed her batteries and sealed her in a
ziplock bag.  There she will wait for her ultimate contribution - parts
donor.  Out of sight, but still a part of me and my memories.

(Sob)
Gary Edwards