Re: [OM] filtered or unfiltered

Subject: Re: [OM] filtered or unfiltered
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:51:16 -0500
I recently discovered that the UV filters I leave attached on all of my
lenses for protection indeed impart effects in the exposures. I was at a
golf league outing recently and the morning fog was incredibly intense. I
wanted to take some shots to show just how crazy we were to be playing in
this heavy fog. The darned UV filter cut through much of the fog, and the
Fuji Superia 200 is so contrasty that I didn't do the fog justice. I expect
that the fog would have been more apparant in the pictures had I not used
the filter. But I don't want to go without.... Oh well, I'll keep it in mind
next time I want the fog, and remove the filter...

Anybody else experience the loss of wanted fog due to the filter?

Mickey