Re: [OM] T-20 compatibility

Subject: Re: [OM] T-20 compatibility
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:47:15 -0600
On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 09:05:38PM -0500, RobBurn@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Well, nuts! The T-20 has three contacts so I assumed it would need three
> matching contacts on the appropriate shoe. The shoe I have on my OM-2 has two
> contacts, but I bought it so long ago I don't remember which shoe it is. Is
> there a way to determine which shoe is which? There is a place on the back of
> the shoe which may have contained a label long ago, but it's missing now.

The OM-2 will accept two shoes, and it just so happens I have one of each.
The Shoe 2, for use with the Quick Auto 310, has two contacts, one in the
center - the normal hot shoe sync contact - and one directly in front of it.
The Shoe 3, for use with the T-20 and T-32, has three contacts, the normal
hotshoe contact in the center, and two in front of it offset to each side a
bit. There's a depression where the Shoe 2's second contact is, presumably
to make sure a QA310 mounted there won't act weird.