Re: [OM] [OT] Scanners (Acer Scanwit)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Scanners (Acer Scanwit)
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:17:08 EST
In a message dated 10/30/00 2:45:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
James.Kiker@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Got my Scanwit new in box from www.uBid.com for $259.

I also got me one today at $259...almost got it for $239, but at the last
minute a Dastardly Dude stepped in and ordered 22 of the 25 scanners. The
Ubid.com is one weird auction site! I know I'm established in a "comfort
zone" with eBay, but this crazy Ubid lets the bidding go on for ten minutes
after each bid, regardless of the "end of auciton"...thus , the auction could
go on forever (as it did with mine since my auction was for 25 scanners..) I
am very pleased with saving $70 over even Pricewatch or Cnet's lowest prices,
but wow..ya gotta sit there for two hours!!

Note: Ubid is only for NEW stuff..no OM gear...lots of digital tho...

Now, if I can scrape up enuf for the famous Vuescan software, I'll be in
action!
Susan
who thanks Tom for bringing the Scanwit to our attention