Re: [OM] T-20 compatibility

Subject: Re: [OM] T-20 compatibility
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:44:22 -0700
n 30 Oct 2000, at 21:05, RobBurn@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Well, nuts! The T-20 has three contacts so I assumed it would need three
> matching contacts on the appropriate shoe. The shoe I have on my OM-2 has
> two contacts, but I bought it so long ago I don't remember which shoe it
> is. Is there a way to determine which shoe is which? There is a place on
> the back of the shoe which may have contained a label long ago, but it's
> missing now.

Maybe the photo on the Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Info File of the
top of the four shoes might help:

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-
sif/flashphotogroup/shoes.htm

While it doesn't show the pins, it's obvious that all 4 shoes look different
from the top.  Compare the top of yours to the photo, and you should be
able to determine which one it is.

> It amazes me that in this ofttimes greedy and treacherous world you manage
> to keep yourself so unsullied by greed and chicanery.

It's no easy feat, but I work hard at it, Rob.

> Some folk might consider testing the camera for a few days,
> but...you...a few years...that is an extraordinary offer.

A test lasting only a few days is hardly a test at all!  How can I assure
you that everything operates properly and nothing is "flaky" if I only test
it a few days???  I have to try it for EVERY photographic possibility, and
that will take quite some time.  You wouldn't want it any other way,
would you???

> But, that would be asking far too much of you.

Honest, Rob, it's not trouble at all!

> The risk is too great.

Getting up in the morning is a risk.  Crossing the street is a risk.  Don't
be timid, Rob!  Live life to the fullest!  Be a risk-taker!  Send me the
camera!

> In your present state of Zuiko-hobbism, it might set your recovery back
> for years and years. I can't do that to a fellow Zuiko-hobbiest.

I throw myself into the path of danger for the benefit of all Zuikodom!
Yes, it's a personal sacrifice, but I'm prepared to make that sacrifice so
that you'll KNOW that your OM-4 works as it should!

> So I'll just keep plugging along with the testing myself. I got myself
> into this situation; I'll just have to get myself out of it...even if it
> does involve some self-sacrifice.

Rob, only ONE of us can attain sainthood through self-sacrifice, and as
you so eloquently pointed out in your message, I'm MUCH further along
the path to sainthood than you.  Therefore, sacrificing yourself is futile.
Stand aside!  Make way!  Send the OM-4 and let me get the testing
underway!

Regards,

Chris