RE: [OM] T-20 compatibility

Subject: RE: [OM] T-20 compatibility
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:07:53 -0500
The Shoe 2 has 2 contacts.  One centered and the other is directly in front
of the center one.  This is the same arrangement of the contacts on the
Quick 310 flash.  The 310 also has no provision for viewfinder ready light,
just proper TTL exposure.
Shoes 3 & 4 are for T-series flash only.  4 gives TTL and ready light.  Shoe
3 is TTL, no ready light, but the arrangement of the contacts is now
triangular rather than front to back.  Shoe 3 only uses one of the contacts,
again, it is the TTL.  But, this shoe only fits on an OM-2 for TTl with
T-series, unless you cut off the extra pin, then it will fit on a 1.

Brian P. Huber