Re: [OM] 35EC

Subject: Re: [OM] 35EC
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:51:36 -0600
RP -

The EC will fire even if the batteries are dead/missing/not making
contact (battery leakage of the type 640 was common, causing corrosion
on the contacts).  Be sure you see the yellow lamp glow through the
eyepiece or top cover as you gently squeeze the release button - that
will tell you that the camera's getting power.  Otherwise, the shutter
won't open.  (The EC-2 and ECR have a blocking lever to prevent release
without power.)

If I remember correctly, when you attach a flash to the shoe, it
switches the camera into "flashmatic" mode, wherein the aperture is set
according to the distance set on the focus ring.  Don't use an Auto
flash, or at least set it to "manual" output, and set the guide number
on the shutter.  Also, I believe the camera is designed so that, if the
exposure is above a certain level, the camera won't trigger the flash.

Good shooting!