[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1943

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1943
From: "David Jenkinson" <jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:57:39 -0000
Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [OM] Backpacking cameras

>>I must be a mug.

Not at all, Donald.  No point in leaving a grand camera behind because it
weighs a few ounces more than a P&S.

Given our relative proximity, and our shared interests and abuses of
Zuiko's, we should arrange an OM list Scottish Winter Mountaineering branch
expedition sometime this winter.  We could show these namby pamby
Californian's and Australians a thing or two, eh?
BTW, Did you see the 24/2 in Quiggs (www.quiggs.co.uk)for £195?  (There on
Friday). I nearly succombed, but the thought of reprisals from my lovely
missus put me off.  Besides, I like my wee 24/2.8 which would've been part
of a trade if I'd gone for it.  The 24/2 is a wee bit battered looking, but
optically fine, aperture bladess fine etc etc.  The prices at Quiggs are
getting better since they started their web presence and ?Pat took over the
pricing.
Anyway cheers
Dave