Re: [OM] "Me in a Tornado GR1" OT now

Subject: Re: [OM] "Me in a Tornado GR1" OT now
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 06:54:50 +0100
Those posing RN pilots... anyway I am not sure that the Harrier can go high enough to warrant an O2 regulator ;-)

Well, I suppose they did a good job in the Falklands, with the help of the RAF of course as they had only just equipped with the Sea Harrier (FRS1) and did not have enough pilots trained.

Chris

Acer, somewhere I've got an excellent book on the Falklands War (can't find
it or remember the title, but..)  It has a great picture of one of the the
more noted Royal Navy Harrier pilots in full flight gear AND a magnificent
beard - one that Grizzly Adams would be proud of!  At least back then, the
Brits were tolerant of such individuality.  I suppose he strapped his O2
mask on really tight.

Gary Edwards

--
<|_:-)_|>