Re: [OM] T-20 compatibility

Subject: Re: [OM] T-20 compatibility
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:31:51 -0700
On 31 Oct 2000, at 16:43, RobBurn@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > Maybe the photo on the Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Info File
> > of the top of the four shoes might help:
>
> http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/flashphotogroup/shoes.htm
>
> Thanks for the link reminder.

You're welcome!  Glad you got it sorted out!  Btw, in my original
message I got the word "contact" (on the top) mixed-up with the word
"pin" (underneath), so I wrongly said the Shoe 3 only has two "contacts"
(it has 3) when I meant it only has two "pins" (bingo!).  :-)

Sorry for any passing of my confusion onto others!  <G>

> The shoe on my OM-4 does have the third pin. I assume it has the
> viewfinder flash indicator. Haven't tried it yet, but I will soon.

Like I said, I don't have an OM-4 (yet!), but I believe you're right and it'll
work.  Those more oly/zuiko-fortunate than I will probably confirm that.

> Chris, as I was wrapping my OM-4 to send it to you my wife asked what I was
> doing. When I told her, she refused to let me send the camera. She said
> that your request had ALL the signs of classic Zuikoholism deception.

Please refer your wife to my signature line below.  I was merely offering
to help you assess your OM-4 with a good, valid test.  I have *already*
attained sainthood (and if you don't believe that you're a heathen! <G>),
so it was just my altruistic urges.

Good luck with the Sally Ann story on the zoom and scanner.  If it
works, let us know.  "I got it trick-or-treating" might have worked
yesterday, but probably isn't a good story today.  <G>  Or, maybe she
still believes in the weight-challenged guy in the red suit???  <G>

> You have truly inspired me, amigo.

That's what us saints do, Rob!  <G>

Regards,

Saint Chris