Re: [OM] Backpacking cameras--Future of APS format

Subject: Re: [OM] Backpacking cameras--Future of APS format
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:10:22 +0100
: Anyway, was having this conversation with my local photolab photostore
: guy about compact cameras and he says funny you should ask about APS.
: His Fuji rep just told him that Fuji is going to drop APS films
: altogether.

Sounds like an urban legend to me, or as we say in Dutch 'een broodje aap
verhaal'. Fuji is one of the founders of the APS standard, makes both APS
cameras and APS films (including the only 800 ASA film, and a slide film!);
they released new Nexia cameras at the Photokina. They also make hardware
like the AS-1 APS scanner and AP-1 APS TV viewer. But I'm sure Kodak would
be very pleased to hear this if it were true. Kodak is very supportive in
old film formats - you can still get 127 (4x4cm) roll film, 110 & 126
cassettes, disc film and Super 8 movie film from them so I'm sure the
Advantix films (including the only B&W film for APS) will be available for a
couple of decades...

hnz