Re: [OM] Backpacking cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Backpacking cameras
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 00:31:07 EST
mike1964@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< the cameras were
 winterized by the factory...

 What was the winterizing process?  What did they do to the cameras?

It was not spelled out completely but apparently the main difference was
lubrication. These were OM1N's plus an assortment of relatively common fixed
lenses and zooms. We did not rate the exotic and big glass given to
Bonnington et al!  Since I already had OM gear, I just took my own favourite
glass. At the end of the expedition we sold off the expedition gear to
members and used the cash to defray expenses.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes