Re: [OM] "Me in a Tornado GR1" - going OT

Subject: Re: [OM] "Me in a Tornado GR1" - going OT
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 06:45:47 +0100
My last (List) post on this subject, honestly...

I'm not flying anything at present, merely a desk in a NATO headquarters in the Netherlands. Now, NL is a lovely place and the people with whom I work are fine, but there is something quite excruciatingly frustrating about working in NATO (says he with 3 months' experience). And I have a chance to live in my own house in Cambridgeshire and to fly again.

Flying fast jets is good fun, but they have to spend a fair amount of the year (4/5 months) away in far-flung, sandy places doing rather monotonous flying at high level being shot at. I don't baulk at being shot at (I had a trip in a Prowler over N. Iraq in April this year), but I do feel that time away from my family is time wasted.

Anyway, in a Grob (fairly sure that's what it is) I could develop a clamp to hold my OMs and perhaps take photos of all sorts of exotic aircraft that fly in the same speed regime. Does anyone have any experience of aircraft coaming clamps with a tripod bush to hold a camera?

Chris