Re: [OM] "Me in a Tornado GR1" - going OT

Subject: Re: [OM] "Me in a Tornado GR1" - going OT
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 06:39:20 -0600
On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 06:45:47AM +0100, Chris Barker wrote:
> Anyway, in a Grob (fairly sure that's what it is) I could develop a
> clamp to hold my OMs and perhaps take photos of all sorts of exotic
> aircraft that fly in the same speed regime.  Does anyone have any
> experience of aircraft coaming clamps with a tripod bush to hold a
> camera?

I don't think you *want* to attach the camera to the airframe, as vibration
(especially in a piston aircraft) will caues all sorts of problems. The
usual recommendation is to hand-hold, making sure no part of the camera
touches anything but your hands; this lets your butt serve as a vibration
damper.