Re: [OM] Por favor, bitte, s'il vous plait, per favor, please......

Subject: Re: [OM] Por favor, bitte, s'il vous plait, per favor, please......
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 02:44:06 EST
In a message dated 11/2/00 9:17:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
writes:
> OK....I've got the Scanwit on the way, will be using Vuescan...
>  got over 6000 slides that have been awaiting this event in Bell & Howell
>  slide cubes, building in numbers for the last 25 years...
>  after I scan these I'll need a better way to store...so, the $60,000
>  question
>  is...
>  what's the best way to store slides? what do you use to keep out the
buggies,
>  the spores, the light, whatever??
>  Please do share your madness...er, uh,...methods...

I also have taken about 6-8000 slides since I bought my OM-2 brand new in
about '77 or so(just like yourself). One thing you will find out when trying
to scan even a portion of these on CD's for permanent storage (sort of  . . .
I know) is the incredible amount of time it takes to scan something in, dust
spot it and save it.

I store my slides in metal Logan boxes, which I hope will keep at least the
dust down. In dry S. Calif. we don't worry too much about the humidity or
bugs.

Warren