[OM] Motor Drive 2 restrictions

Subject: [OM] Motor Drive 2 restrictions
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 06:03:37 EST
Zuiks,
         perusing the service manual for the MD2 I was amazed at the lists of
restrictions/gotchas listed. Part of the difficulty probably relates to
making it operable with most of the OM's. Some restrictions are fairly
obvious like don't try to wind on while auto rewinding you may rip the film,
other restrictions relate to connecting up the camera/MD with power on or
not, pushing buttons simultaneously etc.  I have never looked through the MD2
operating manual but Hans's e-SIF lists quite few restrictions. Some of the
restrictions in the service manual are hard to understand as the English
translation is somewhat stilted.
            It is surprising how much more complicated this device is
compared to any of the other winders or MD1.
         For those interested in SR44 battery current consumption (perenial
OM topic!), the device draws 9uA stanby (similar to low current OM4T's) but
drops to 0.5uA with a battery pack connected. Operating current is around
14uA depending on activity. Conclusion, SR44 Batteries in MD2 should last as
long or longer than those in OM4T.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes