Re: [OM] Re: [OT] - Hasty eBay feedback

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] - Hasty eBay feedback
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:32:06 -0600
I got firm on one of mine recently. Write me and tell me honestly that you
changed your mind or that you overbid and don't want it, and I'll void the
auction and eat the cost.

Ignore me and it pi**es me off.

This bidder happened to be a university student.  I wrote the email address
abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and explained the situation.  Got a reply the next
morning from the dean of students!  Shared my email with the bidder.

Surprise, surprise, she wrote me back within hours.  The funny thing was
that it was an auction for a Sunpak Auto 2000 DZ that has a switch on the
back to select Nikon, Olympus, etc.  I assumed (wrongly) that this meant it
worked TTL on those cameras.

Doesn't.

When she finally wrote me, she asked me if it did, that's why she wanted it.
I broke out the owners manual and was quite embarassed.  I ended up
apologizing to her and voiding the auction......

I can be nice, most of the time, but....

Tom
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>