[OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes

Subject: [OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:59:01 EST
Call me Sad Sue.

I was so elated to get the Scanwit at $259 from Ubid.com, they sent it ASAP,
got it this morning (won the bid Tuesday), took off early to run home and
play......

spent 6 hours trying to get the darn thing to work...

finally called Acer at 11 p.m. this evening..seems it has a motor problem and
has to go back to Acer. At first they wanted me to send it to them for
repair...you can imagine my reaction to that....then they changed midstream
and said they'd send me a unit and exchange it within 48 hours. While I like
the 24-hr service and they will (it seems) do right, nothing was offered
without pulling the information from them, they didn't offer the better
exchange until I let them know I was NOT happy with getting a repaired unit
right off the batt, yada yada.

Do you ever wonder if these manufacturers send their problems to the auction
houses to sell?? You gotta admit it seems strange. Gregg just bought one form
them too, so I'll be interested to see if his will work when it arrives
Tuesday.

I'm gonna go pout now and pack up the 5-600 slides I have sloshed all over my
office in preparation for The Grand Slide Fever. This even deserves cracking
open a couple of the prized Dunkles beers I hand-carried home from Germany.
So there.

Have any of you received damaged Acer units?
Susan in Va.