Re: [OM] PayPal goes international at last!

Subject: Re: [OM] PayPal goes international at last!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 10:15:05 +1100
I tried to register for Paypal's new International service but stalled when
it told me my phone number was invalid (still trying to sort that one out!).
The 'Personal' account is for up to $500 in any SIX months - obviously
designed to get you in but at a level that wouldn't hold you for long. The
Premium account is probably a better bet.
I think Billpoint is unpopular because it simply mails the seller an
International Money Order - which most buyers should be able to do anyway
(emphasis on SHOULD - it seems too hard for some!) It certainly isn't much
of a service when what you require is simple speed of payment through
direct funds transfer.
I'll probably end up registering with PayPal - I waited so long! - but I'll
ask them for a detailed clarification of all charges first. Shame their
sign up information pages don't lay it out more clearly.
Andrew