Re: [OM] AF 35-70/3.5-4.5 Lens Hood

Subject: Re: [OM] AF 35-70/3.5-4.5 Lens Hood
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 01:29:02 -0000
Chris O'Neill wrote:

> ...I looked at both the SIF Page and the Unofficial Zuiko Lens Page and,
> as far as *I* can tell there's no such *thing* as an autofocus 35-70/3.5-
> 4.5 lens!
>
> Three questions immediately come to mind:
>
> 1.  What the heck have I got here???
>
> 2.  Will it fit the manual focus 35-70/3.5-4.5 lens???
>
> 3.  If not, what len(es) *will* it work with???
>
> Thanks, gang, for any fog-lifting information you can provide.

This lens does exist, I tried to buy one I saw in a shop but it just
wouldn't fit into the mount of their only OM body - a beautiful black OM-2n.
I bought the body instead!

The lens hood I'd had for it had squeeze-in ears to operate teeth which fit
into an *external* groove on the lens - not an internal filter mount, so it
would fit nothing else - it was too wide for the manual focus
35-70/f3.4-4.5. I exchanged it with a US List member for some, more useful
to me, batteries.

Regards,
Keith