Re: [OM] Olympus 35RD, etc. (was: Payment to Australia)

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 35RD, etc. (was: Payment to Australia)
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:46:10 -0800
On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Keith Berry <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>[My] 35RD is a bit of a disappointment [...] the meter works and
>seems to select apertures in Auto mode okay, it's very erratic in
>Manual mode, with only f1.7 and f2 working properly. [...]
>I wonder if I will live long enough to have a 100% working 35RD?
[snip]

Keith, the Oly 35RD, much like the majority of its contemporary
rangefinders, is meterless in Manual mode.  (Same is true of the
Canonet QL17 G-III, Minolta Hi-Matics, Oly 35RC, 35SP, etc.)
When you switch to Manual, depressing the shutter release button
half-way should move the needle in the VF to indicate the aperture
value that you selected on the aperture dial.

Live long and prosper (and so will your 35RD :-)),

/Gary Schloss.
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA