Re: [OM] Olympus 35RD, etc. (was: Payment to Australia)

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 35RD, etc. (was: Payment to Australia)
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:13:45 -0000
Gary Schloss wrote:
> ...When you switch to Manual, depressing the shutter release button
> half-way should move the needle in the VF to indicate the aperture
> value that you selected on the aperture dial....

Thanks Gary but I already knew that as I've had a 35RC for many years, and I
have been pressing the release button after selecting each aperture. For
occasional use in manual mode I can select a particular aperture -
eventually - it's just that those from f4 to f11 (as viewed either through
the front element at the iris or the indicator in the viewfinder) are all
available in a tiny movement between f2.8 and f4 on the aperture ring. Not a
huge problem while I can use the camera in Auto, but if/when the meter dies,
it would be too much of a nuisance.

Regards,
Keith