Re: [OM] Olympus at PhotoExpo East

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus at PhotoExpo East
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 17:15:06 -0500
You REALLY don't want to restart the "the OM line is dead and there's nothing any of us can do about it" thread. Just accept the fact that we are enjoying a dead product line.

I didn't expect any real experts at the Olympus booth, but the one guy that was showing the OM line was pretty knowledgeable, even if he didn't know what the 135/4.5 was. There are precious few persons at Olympus who know anything about the OM cameras. There's no reason for the company to invest in that skill.

BTW, I was VERY impressed by the Contax N1. I'm edging closer to autofocus, and that camera with it's exquisite Zeiss lenses is a strong draw.

Skip