[OM] AC Flash Adapters was [OM] Eep, eep goes the T32

Subject: [OM] AC Flash Adapters was [OM] Eep, eep goes the T32
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 16:46:03 -0800
Tim Hughes Wrote:
>Actually it puts out 330V like most small flashes. This is often
confused as
>the line operated power adapter says something like 220V but that is
RMS not
>peak and the flash capacitor charges to the peak.

Tim and anyone else who might be able to help,

    I have been keeping an eye out for a AC flash adapter for a number
of months but I either miss the opportunity or the price is too high for
my pocket.  But I have noticed that the output from this is the same
220vac as you mentioned here.  Is it feasible to get a simple step-up
transformer (i.e.. a Euro power adapter for US appliances) and wire it
to the necessary pins of the T series flashes, or is there more to the
diet than that.  If it is as simple as that a AC flash adapter could
probably be put together for less than $20.
    Now if someone out there wants to part with a Oly AC flash adapter
in that price range I'm interested.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California