Ree: [OM] [OT] PayPal goes international at last!

Subject: Ree: [OM] [OT] PayPal goes international at last!
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 17:31:11 -0800
> I've just heard from a Russian seller that BidPay's MOs aren't
acceptable to
> the financial institutions there simply because the space for the
> purchaser's details is always left blank.

They now print out the purchaser's name and address in those spots.
However, any bank that won't accept a money order without a signature of
the purchaser on the front is reading the money order wrong. That
signature only signifies the purchaser is in agreement with terms of
purchase written on the back. That isn't necessary to make the money
order valid. I've been through this with a bank and it is what Western
Union themselves tell you to tell the bank.

<< there's no other charges unless you have a premium, or business
account.  A regular personal account has no charge either direction. >>

Anyone buying or selling over $500 per year *IS* now business account on
PayPal.  How long did folks think they could go on loosing money?

<< Sadly though not many sellers will take Billpoint whereas almost
anybody will accept BidPay even if their auction details didn't say so
at the time. >>

Oh, sellers are jumping on the bandwagon big time, esp. now that
Billpoint can be used transactions of any nature, even mailing list FS
transactions. Just twist their arms the same way so many buyers did
regarding PayPal. They will end up happy you did.

<< Anyway, it's good that Paypal *finally* got off their fatt butts and
made themselves available to international customers.  I'll have to see
if it was  worth the wait. >>

Most of my Billpoint paid orders end up totally free and deposited the
next day, no matter where they originate.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV