RE: [OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:47:49 +0100
Tom wrote:

: SCSI is finicky, and my 'challenges' were related.

Tell me about it. Until I upgraded both my PC and my SCSI card, I thought
SCSI was as simple as plug and play. After the upgrade I got strange SCSI
related errors like a frozen PC when I had my Trust SCSI flatbed scanner
turned on during boot, and a Yamaha SCSI CD-rewriter that did not respond to
auto run and produced weird error messages. I eventually solved the problems
by trying different PCI slots for the SCSI card and found one slot (the one
next to the graphic card slot) where everything worked. The size of
Adaptec's on-line knowledge base & problem solver speaks for itself...

hnz