Re: [OM]

Subject: Re: [OM]
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:24:57 EST
Cc: vivey@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 11/06/2000 11:09:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vivey@xxxxxxx writes:

> I am planning on backpacking in the grand canyon and was wondering what
>  lenses to take.  I am trying to watch weight, so I cant just take
everything
>  I have.  I have available to me a 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, and 75 to 150 4.0.  I
>  cant take them all and was wondering what you all suggest.  If you could
>  suggest two  and also suggest which if I could only take one lens.  I use
an
>  Om-1 camera and am thinking of taking a mini folding tripod or maybe just a
>  monopod, I am not sure yet.  Also which film do you suggest.   Thanks for
>  any and all input.

Hmmmm tough choices. If you take two, I would lean towards the 28 and the
zoom. I think you are going to want the wide angle. Having said that, I'll
contradict myself and telkl you to take the 50 if you are only taking one.

You really can't take all three?

As for film, I really like Kodachrome for landscapes, so I'd probably take
some K64. For twilight and night shots some Royal Gold 400, Superia 800, or
maybe the *new* Max 800 (I hear it's great, but still haven't seen it in the
stores).

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

Paul Schings