[OM] Re:Canyon Adventure....

Subject: [OM] Re:Canyon Adventure....
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:38:22 +0000

>Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:04:16 -0600
>From: "vivey" <vivey@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM]
>
>I am planning on backpacking in the grand canyon and was wondering what
>lenses to take.  I am trying to watch weight, so I cant just take everything
>I have.  I have available to me a 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, and 75 to 150 4.0.  I
>cant take them all and was wondering what you all suggest.  If you could
>suggest two  and also suggest which if I could only take one lens.  I use an
>Om-1 camera and am thinking of taking a mini folding tripod or maybe just a
>monopod, I am not sure yet.  Also which film do you suggest.   Thanks for
>any and all input.

Viv, obviously the lightest combination would be the 28 and the 50. If only
one, then the 50 would be the best choice. For film, that's usually a
personal choice, but I think that Kodak's E100VS (ektachrome 100 VS) would be
good choice in the fairly bland landscapes of the canyon, and since there's
probably plenty of light. For lower light photography, I think the new Kodak
Supra 400 would be a good choice. The Supra 100 is really good also. Bring a
polarizer for the 50mm.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright