Re: [OM] Grand Canyon [was: no subject]

Subject: Re: [OM] Grand Canyon [was: no subject]
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 17:04:33 -0800
<<  I am planning on backpacking in the grand canyon and was wondering
what  lenses to take.  I am trying to watch weight, so I cant just take
everything  I have.  I have available to me a 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, and 75
to 150 4.0.  I cant take them all and was wondering what you all
suggest. >>

>From experience: a 50mm f/3.5 and nothing else, unless you are going
into canyons like Kanab Creek.

It snowed above 7200' elevation there on Saturday night, with dense fog.
Was lots of fun photographing. Early fall weather this year is quite
unsettled. Dress warm!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV