Re: [OM] Olympus Believe It or Not

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Believe It or Not
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 03:58:18 GMT
My guess is the lens developed a problem with the linkage or spring that required disassembly to fix properly. Instead the previous owner came up with this makeshift repair.

Or, he may have intended it as a means to further reduce vibration by eliminating the iris movement.

Have you tried loosening or removing the set screw to see how the lens functions without it?
Lex Jenkins
"Don't worry about everything 'cause nothing's gonna be alright."
- Casey Lechmanski

Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 19:43:46 GMT
From: "Franklin Berryman" <faberryman@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I need a little help solving a mystery. I sold my 35mm f2.8 SC Zuiko and replaced it with a MC version off eBAY...It was in good shape EXCEPT a former owner had drilled a tiny hole in the back of the mount right behind the depth of field preview button, inserted a tiny screw, held the button down and tightened it so that the button was permanently depressed and the iris would open up and close down as you turned the aperture ring - in essence making it a preset lens. Why in the world would anyone do that?