Re: [OM] [OT] Condition descriptions

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Condition descriptions
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:15:25 -0700
On 6 Nov 2000, at 23:10, Lex Jenkins wrote:

> Personally, I'm lobbying for a system that, if not based on numbers like
> B&H's, simply consists of:

Personally, I'm lobbying for NO system!  All these "rating systems" are
SO subjective and open to interpretation, they're not worth the trouble of
trying to figure them out!  I'm forever seeing descriptions like "Minty...
Too bad it doesn't work!" or "EX+++.... If only I hadn't runover it with the
car this morning!"

Instead of concentrating on so-called rating systems, I focus my
attention strictly on the description and the photos.  The more of those
there are, the better I like it.  If either one is skimpy or missing, I tend to
be *very* cautious about plunking my money down.

Finally, I often e-mail the seller asking for even *more* information than
is given in the ad.  What do you *mean* by "minor brassing?"  How
*did* that ding (not a dent... that'd be bad!) get there?

Just MHO...  YMMV, of course!

> Nah.  Let anarchy reign.

I'm all for anarchy...  so long as it's done in an organized way!  <Grin!>

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)