Re: [OM] Olympus XA

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus XA
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 19:06:10 +1100
Dinkar wrote:

> the light seals are a bit gooey.  Does any one know whether you can get
> light seal foam for an XA?  May be John Hermanson would know whether they

You may not be able to get precut kits for the XA, but any camera serviceman
should be able to cut & fit new foam, I've had this done on an XA and XA-2
recently.

> Over the weekend I went a bit mad with the plastic and bought 16mm f3.5
from
> MXV here in UK. Does anyone on the list have any good or bad experience of
> using this fisheye lens.

I got one myself recently and I am very pleased with the results, nice
contrasty images and handles flare exceptionally well (once the new front
element was fitted - thanks to John H. & Camera Clinic).  Be careful about
composing the shot "in camera", images don't look good when cropped unevenly
after the event.  I was surprised how "ordinary" some shots appeared where
there weren't any obviously bent straight lines.  I'm certainly not
disappointed with my investment in the 16mm.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge