RE: [OM] Light leak?

Subject: RE: [OM] Light leak?
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:37:36 +0100
:Using an OM40(PC), on some prints I'm getting a red cast,
:always on the left
:covering 10% to 200f the print. It is strongest on the left
:and fades towards
:the centre and is fairly even top to bottom. Might this be a
:leak through the
:shutter slit when cocked or during cocking (if my brain's
:together, left on the
:print would be the film take up end of the negative)? If so,
:is there a cure?

Check the foam in the camera back, on the camera where the back closes, and
near the film cannister window (!) for rot. If it's rotten it must be
replaced. This is not difficult. Replacement foam (light baffles) can be
bought at:

http://www.micro-tools.com/restore.htm

hnz