Re: [OM] TTL Shoe Cord T 0.6m Question

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL Shoe Cord T 0.6m Question
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:32:27 +0100
: I just noticed on the hot shoe foot end of the TTL Shoe Cord "T" that it
: doesn't have this plastic finger, but there looks to be an empty slot for
: it.  There also look like two more empty slots for another two pins behind
: the center contact.  Leads me to believe this might be a common foot for
: the TTL Shoe Cord "F" also.  The three pins also look to be a slightly
: different shape than those on the T-32.  Do all of them look like this?
Or
: do I happen to have a newer one designed after the F-280 came out that
: allows the same foot to be used on either the "T" or "F" version of the
TTL
: Shoe Cord?

My TTL Shoe Cord T 0.6m looks like you described it. There is only one
version AFAIK. Yes the shoe plug is identical to the one of the TTL Shoe
Cord F 0.6m except that the latter uses the three extra slots. Pushing the
front pin on this cord does not retract anything - it just gives some extra
strength to the click stop.

Btw, this is the first time I've read that this retracting mechanism of the
T32 and T20 serves to prevent shortening the TTL pins when they're mounted
on generic shoes. So there's no need to use cold shoes for off-camera flash?

hnz