Re: [OM] tamron 28-200 3.8-5.6 asph lens

Subject: Re: [OM] tamron 28-200 3.8-5.6 asph lens
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 15:50:37 -0800
In a message dated 11/7/2000 Peter Dixon <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< ANyone know anything about this tamron 28-200 3.8-5.6 asph lens?
Good, bad, awful? Just picked one up 'cause it was on the end of
something I wanted (om3...). Anyone whose used one please email off
list with any info.
I know that one of you must have one somewhere..... >>

I don't have one nor have I tried one, but in general I am very pleased
with certain Tamron lenses. My first suggestion is what I have heard
here before from others is forget what tests and opinions tell you and
simply go out and shoot with it...if you are pleased with the results
than that is all that really matters, right?

A fairly well known racing photographer mentioned in a thread about
photography in a racing forum that he uses one of these on his Nikons
(MF) because he likes the range. He realizes that the design is a
compramise (and it is) but likes to be able to zoom from 28-200 without
changing lenses or cameras...fewer lost shots. He and one other person
were singing praises about it simply for that reason alone.

So, go try it and see if you like it. It only costs a little time and
film to see if it provides results you like, or not. HTH and
congratulations on the OM-3 that it came attached to!

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com